On Monday I will be starting a 3 day Store-Cupboard detox. The aim of my 3 day detox is to energise, cleanse and give my body a mini-rest before the December work-do’s, Christmas drinks and general Christmas social adventures..
My 3 day store-cupboard detox will use only food, drink and natural remedies that are convenient, accessible and not taxing (on your wallet or your body/soul)!!
Over the 3 days I will not be eating wheat, wheat products, dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt etc), refined sugar, caffeine (except in Chai..see below), alcohol or red meat.
I will be eating: oats, brown rice, fruits & veg (in soups, smoothies, juices etc), nut butters, ground flaxseeds, nuts and seeds, chickpea’s, pulses, lentils and eggs.
I will post a recipe each day, perhaps a smoothie, a juice, a lunch idea and will also post my daily detox plan.
So who’s with me?
Here’s what we will need….
1. Water..purified, filtered or whatever, just ensure you have access to lots of water. I’ll be drinking hot water and lemon and herb teas to get my fluid intake in…
2. Lemons: for hot water and lemon..
3. Herb tea’s..such as Dandelion, Nettle etc I’ll br drinking these plus Pukka Love Tea and Chai (Indian style spiced tea, which has a bit caffeine if you think think the avoidance of your coffee and lattes will be too much to bear, this is a nice alternative).
4. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (I’ll be taking 2 tablespoons of this with a glass of water each day). There is significant evidence that ACV helps reduce obesity, high blood sugar levels and digestive complaints.
5. Epsom Salts: to put in your bath each night.
6. Your usual fruit and veggies (I’ll be stocking up on seasonal produce such as onions, garlic, ginger, beets, greens, apples, pears etc)
If you have any questions, leave me a comment or email me at email@example.com
Here’s to getting healthy and energised…